Marks & Spencer’s – Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream
I must admit, this is the first time I have delved into M&S’s own brand of cosmetics, Formula. Over the years M&S have improved their Beauty Hall adding cult brand after cult brand, so I always gravitated towards those, looking past the long line of products they cultivated themselves.
That was until I heard about this cream. When it was originally launched last year, there was apparently an actual wait list for it! That is literally the holy grail when it comes to product launches. Creams and potions are readily available, so to have thousands waiting on your product just get into their hands & onto their faces, is unheard of – but wait they did!
I read several reviews at the time, all very good. Plus, the words “sleep cream” instead of “night cream” conjured up images of me sitting in a silk robe like Joan Collins sipping bubbles in bed before dozing off! Just me?
However, I still walked past Formula and teetered over to the Emma Hardies and Stila’s of this world. That was until a few weeks ago.
I was in having a look around the store and ventured into the Beauty Hall as I always do. I saw the cream & figured, for 30 euro, if you’re that good, I’ll give you a go (I talk to products as much as I talk to myself!). It claims you look like you’ve had eight hours sleep – now personally I’d prefer 12 but with children, 8 will do! Does it deliver? Here are my thoughts….
What’s so great about it?
- Supercharged with anti-wrinkle peptides, moisturising hyaluronic acid and skin-brightening actives (all the good stuff we need as we age)
- Contains niacinamide which is said to help with skins elasticity and the appearance of fine lines and sun spots
- Contains soothing beeswax
- Fights the signs of fatigue & slackening skin
- Luxurious texture which can be layered into your skincare regime
- Paraben free
- Not tested on animals
I really enjoyed using this. Upon waking, your skin feels really hydrated but not sticky or greasy. After a week or two it looked even better. Formula say to use for at least 4 weeks to notice a real difference. I try so many products, I didn’t manage that but I’ve bought another pot, so I’ll do my best to do 4 weeks in a row once it works with whatever other skincare I’m testing. Looking forward to seeing how I look then!
For a 50ml pot it’s 30euro. For high quality active ingredients, it’s a good bang for your buck – I’ll definitely be trying more from the range if this is an indicator of what to expect!
What’s not so great?
- It’s scented so some don’t like that in their creams, however it doesn’t bother me at all (as always, follow instructions and if you’re very sensitive, ensure you’re patch testing anything prior to use)
You can buy here!